Ingredients for 3 servings
16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green or poblano pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into strips
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
pinch ancho or Mexican chili powder, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp olive oil
60 g reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
reduced fat sour cream (optional)
- Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- To grill the onions and peppers outside on the grill, use a cast iron skillet and grill covered over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Or, to cook them indoors, you can use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes, covered until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a cutting board when done and cut into strips. Once cooked, combine with the peppers and onions.
|Per serving||437 kcal||38 g||27 g||8 g|
This photo is provided for illustration only and does not demonstrate the dish cooked under given recipe. Please note that ready-to-eat meal may differ from the one on photo.