Ingredients for 1 serving
For the Fiesta Salad:
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive
1 tsp cumin
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
100 chickpeas, rinsed and drained
200 g fresh cooked corn (from 1 large ear)
200 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small minced red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
4 oz diced avocado (1 small haas)
For the chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
olive oil spray
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Add the chickpeas, corn, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot.
- Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, and garlic powder. Spray the chicken breasts with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken in the hot skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 165F inserted in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Slice chicken.
- When ready to eat, gently mix avocado into the salad, top with chicken and serve right away.
|Per serving||448 kcal||37 g||21 g||24 g|
This photo is provided for illustration only and does not demonstrate the dish cooked under given recipe. Please note that ready-to-eat meal may differ from the one on photo.