Let’s face it: Summer is slowly turning to an end. But wasn’t it a great one? We hope you took some time to unwind with your loved ones, soak up the sun, and just live in the moment.
Because that’s what holidays are really for. However, while pool-side cocktails and eating your weight in authentic Italian cuisine are amazing things, bouncing back into a healthy routine at home may be challenging. Try to see it as a chance instead: Just like January, September is the ideal time to reconsider your habits and do your body some serious good. We’ve compiled some tried and tested ways to avoid that dreaded post-vacation slump:
- Start small and work your way up. Set realistic ambitions, plan your meals and workouts – and stick to them! Try not to make your health goals an additional stress factor. Maybe you went a little overboard, but you had fun doing it, right? Let it go and take your time to ease back in.
- Make room for new rituals. Rituals make habits stick. So why not kick off this season with our 14-day FitLine D-Drink program for a normal liver[i] and macronutrient metabolism[ii] function? In addition, zinc contributes to normal cognitive function as well as the maintenance of normal skin, hair, and normal nails. Take a little downtime each day and enjoy this delicious green drink boasting with high-quality natural ingredients such as extracts from broccoli, lady’s-thistle, and wild garlic. Our NTC® supports optimum nutrient intake. And in case you brought a few extra kilos as a souvenir, the D-Drink is the ideal preparation for our FitLine Shape program.
- Get in the kitchen. This is not about depriving yourself. The goal is to make healthy, flavorful cooking a fun part of your routine. Think veggies, lean protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs – and the occasional piece of dark chocolate when the sugar cravings hit. Need inspiration? Have a look at our easy recipes!
- Drink up! Sorry – we’re not talking bottomless mimosas here, but good old H2O. Securing your liquid intake is essential for optimal digestive function and nutrient transport, and it can also help with weight loss and beating fatigue. If you’re struggling to drink enough, try setting an alarm to remind you. Looking for a bit more flavor? Try lemon water or unsweetened herbal tea!
- Hit the hay, not the snooze button. Keeping the post-vacation blues away is so much easier when you’re feeling well-rested. When you’re back home, try going to bed and getting up at your regular time to help your body get back into work or school mode.
- Sweat it out. Regular exercise is an incredible mood-booster and will give you the energy you need to readjust to the daily grind. Still not convinced? Check out our motivation hacks and FitLine Shape workouts to get those muscles pumping!
Do you have a secret recipe to make that holiday feeling last? Tell us in the comment section!
[i] Choline contributes to the maintenance of normal liver function.
[ii] Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism.